Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Crock Pot Applesauce!

Aaah...applesauce. A staple of life throughout pregnancy, post-pregnancy, and now the toddler years. I never get tired of it, thankfully, as my son adores the stuff. And remarkably, it's good for you! I've recently stumbled upon some crock pot applesauce recipes, and thought I would share. Here's one from The Humbled Homemaker; I've adapted it only slightly.  Enjoy!



Crockpot Applesauce

  • 4-5 lbs. apples (about 12 cups sliced)
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg
  •  2 cups water
  • Tbsp. lemon juice


Peel, core and thinly slice apples and place in crock-pot.  Add cinnamon or nutmeg.  Pour in water and lemon juice. Cook the usual:  3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW.  Stir occasionally.

Applesauce may be a little chunky. Mash with a fork or hit it with the immersion blender if you like smoother applesauce.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment