Saturday, June 30, 2012

This is Why I Coupon...

My (near) freebie haul.

This is why I coupon.  Today was Double Double coupon days at my grocer, meaning you can double up to 10 manufacturer's coupons, provided the total amount of your purchases equals $25 before any discounts are taken off.  I needed some things - not a major haul, but enough to justify a look through my coupon binder before I headed out to the store.  I ended up spending $23, saving $21, and look what I got for (almost) free!  

1 roll Bounty paper towel (open 'cause we needed them for lunch): 39 cents
2 pks Crystal Light:  FREE
1 kids Aquafresh toothpaste (also a need):  20 cents
1 2-ltr Sierra Mist soda:  FREE

That's $12.23 worth of goods for only 59 cents!  All for about fifteen minutes of work looking through my coupons.  I absolutely recommend you start couponing immediately, if you don't already.  To get you started, there are a bunch of great sites, but the best I know of is Hip2Save.  She has intro video tutorials, and coupon match-ups, and freebies, and so much more.  Getting and keeping everything organized will take some time, but if you keep at it, it is so worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment