Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Budget Momma Party Tip: Utensils in Mason Jars


I love this idea for any kind of casual party.  You could use any kind of cloth napkin; I admit I'm not crazy about the bandanas.  The site I snagged this picture from (Katie Brown blog) was using it as an example of Memorial Day decorations, and I thought it would be neat for Fourth of July as well.  But for most gatherings, I would use the cloth napkins I have on hand.  Plus, you can always find cheap cloth napkins on sale with the seasonal/ holiday clearance items.

Here's what I love about this idea:  1) You don't have to spend money on throwaway plastic-ware; 2) People will be inclined to keep their own silverware instead of going back for more; 3) Mason jars make great drinking glasses; and 4) No one will notice that none of my silverware matches!   :)

It's simple, it's totally economical, environmentally friendly, and super cute!  Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment